We provide scholarships for students to help support them when they are ready to graduate high school and ready to move on to college. Our club selects multiple students each year and offers them support for being outstanding runners within our community.
The Striders annually awards scholarships to one male and one female cross country and/or track athlete each from the Juniata and Mifflin County School Districts.
- Graduating senior from the Juniata or Mifflin County School District.
- Participated in at least two seasons of cross country or two seasons of track.
- Received acceptance letter to a two year or more institute of higher education, including a college, university or technical school.
- Complete a 250 word essay addressing why participating in cross country or track was important to you, how it has affected your running career, and plans for running in the future.
- Copy of high school transcript.
- Submit scholarship application to school’s guidance office by May 1st.
The award will be given at the beginning of the second semester of the first year of institution of higher learning (minimum grade point average of 2.0 as a full time student with at least 11 semester hours earned during the fall semester.