Here is information on the Juniata Valley Striders’ youth track and field championships this Friday and Saturday at the Mifflin County High School track complex.
Friday May 18th 5 PM Warm up, Event Prep followed by competition
100/110 Hurdles, 3000 Meters, 300 Hurdles, Javelin (Finns and 600-800grm., Discus, Triple Jump, High Jump
Coaches Sprecher, Sechlers, Ciccolinis, Adams
Saturday May 19th 9 AM Warm up, Event Prep followed by competition
Shot Put, Long Jump, Turbo-Javelins
(Renninnger, Stanton- Helping) (Track Athletes – Helping) with Ciccolins, T Sechler
1500 then 100 then 400 then 200 then 800
(Rodenbaughs, Houtzs, Holland, Cunninghams, Prendergast, Parson- helping) (Track Athletes – helping) -with Sprecher, S Sechler
Main Table & Awards Table (Hartzler, Himes) Outside gate or in the shed in case of rain. Will handle score sheets (finished score sheet should be brought to Main Table by students). You will pick up 1st, 2nd, 3rd place ribbons at this table. Announcements from this table.
1. Athletes report: Running event at the Common Start / Finish, Throws and Jumps at the event.
2. Heats will be formed at the Common Start / Finish. The heat will then be taken to the starting line by student athletes where you must be quiet and wait for your start.
3. Following Field check in be careful to listen for other events and check out, if necessary to go to the other event.
4. Awards should be picked up at the Main Table before leaving (1st, 2nd, 3rd in each age group).
5. Please do not cross track or field event areas.
6. No pacing or other unsportsmanlike behavior.
7. You may use ¼” spikes only.
8. Please use sunscreen and drink frequently while competing.
9. 2010+ Age Group parents may accompany children to and from events.
10. No tossing footballs, frisbee, balls in competition areas.